Wednesday, July 23, 2008

McKenzie's Gym







McKenzie has had the most amazing opportunity to have Occupational Therapy at USA Gymastics. This place reminds me of watching the Olympics...it's the real deal. Her therapist comes early to work with McKenzie before there are any people, so we literally have the place to ourselves. When I walked in for the first time, I felt like a kid again. I always wanted to be a gymnast, but never got to do it...so I was super excited. I jumped on all the trampolines, dove into the foam pit (took me about 20 minutes to get out...that brought me back to the reality of being 32 years old), ran on the springy blue carpet that the gymasts do the floor routine on...I mean it was awesome. I almost did a flip, but considered that I had never been able to do one before in my life and probably at 32 in the worst shape of my life wasn't the time to try it out...but the adrenaline was pumping. McKenzie loves therapy here and she works her little tail off...within about 5 minutes her heart is pumping and she's pretty much wiped out by 20 minutes. She amazes me at what she can do (especially considering she has very low muscle tone) she loves to hang on the bars and do flips..how cool is that huh?



3 comments:

Happy Four said...

I adore the photographs. My favorite is the one labeled determination. Beautiful!

SarahVice said...

I just love all your blogs so this was on the suggestion list at the bottom of another I was reading. I saw the first picture and was so excited... I made your blog! I feel famous! She was so tiny then and worked so hard, I wonder how well she'd do now. Maybe we could try it again soon. Someday that might just be Carter climbing through the foam pit!
Sarah

SarahVice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.