Monday, July 21, 2008

Dreading it for Six Years


In exactly 7 days my "Dream Come True" will be off to kindergarten for the entire day. Seven days...serious business. I have been dreading that day for six years now, and here we are. I think the hardest part of him going off to school is the "losing control" feeling...what influences, temptations, pressures will confront this innocent boy of mine. Funny, God and I are always working on my control issues and he is always so good and reminding me that I am just a girl that must cling to her Father and that I really have absolutely no control over anything. He is Merciful for sure, but I tell you, I am constantly having what I call two by four moments in my life that are reality checks for me. Well, I've drifted from the topic haven't I? Yes, my son is off to school with his daddy. He can't wait to ride with Daddy every morning and be in running club..those are the perks for him. I'm doing everything I can to just breath normally through this process. I must be honest though, my husband has been home EVERY day since April, so with all my family home all day for months, the idea of two of them off to school sounds not so bad. I'm sure I'll be a rollercoaster of emotions this week, stay tuned for a wild ride!

4 comments:

Happy Four said...

I am thinking of you and praying for you dear one. I am feeling the same way about K and Liam...so hard!

The backpack choice is fabulous!

Matt and Lindsey said...

I'm sure it will be an awkward week next week. I'd be an emotional mess! Ha! I know that God will carry you through! I'm here if you need to chat or if you'd like to experience some boy noise while Zachary is away. It seems I have a ton of that! :)

Unruh Family said...

I'm right there with you. I think I'm still in denial. Me with a kindergartner?... doesn't seem possible. I'll be praying for you, I can relate to the whole "control" thing.

Margo said...

Kristen - You'll be in my prayers as you go through this transition. Just think of all the great girl time you and McKenzie will have! And, Zachary will be coming home with lots of stories and telling you all about the new things he has learned! It will be so exciting, but I can also understand it would be hard. Hang in there!