Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I'm Gray
Okay, so this morning, I pulled part of my hair back to go to the grocery store real quick. I'm getting my "color" done this week on my hair so I always cringe at the roots around this time. Well, I glanced in my mirror as I drove and thought, hmm, I don't have bad roots up front, wow, my hair is quite light up front, no dark roots. I kept staring until I realized it wasn't light, it was GRAY. Now I've had gray hair for a while now, about 3 years ago my hair dresser informed me she was seeing an unusally large amount of gray in my hair that I had never had before (can you do the math and figure out what was going on in my life 3 years ago...you got it.) So today I was shocked to see this new gray and a TON of it, like the entire "bang" area. I showed Kirk this afternoon and he said "Weird, I've never seen that before either." You know why we've never seen it? It's called a TONSILECTOMY folks! Yep, I completely believe that all the gray has blessed me due to the pathetically stressful last 8 days. Yes, you've forgotten the tonsil saga in our life, but it continues dear friends. Zachary ate for the first time Sunday night (seven days without food, yes it causes your body to tremble and shake) he began talking again today, he grabs his head in the middle of playing, collpses to the ground in intense pain, screaming at the top of his lungs (funny how he couldn't talk, but screaming in pain seemed quite easy). I'm telling you, if I had known how my son would handle this, I so would not have done it. WOW! I told Kirk that every day it felt like I was in some kind of a grinder and I was being processed through it and had not much left. I cannot imagine what Zachary felt like; he has always had massive oral issues and always needs to know what is happening and needs to know the expectatins of how things are and will be, so I can't imagine what being hyped up on vicadin, anti nausea meds, and intense pain must have done to the kid. So, gray is here to stay, I'm going to fix it this week. By the way, today the kid has turned a new leaf, he conquered 3 hours of school, ate 2 pieces of pizza (yes Julie, pizza must be the ticket!), and has spoken a few sentences to me today, this morning was the first smile we've seen in 8 days and last night was the first time he let us touch him enough to hug him. We finally are getting through it, praise God. Unforunately, it will take some money to get my hair through it! Oh well, gray means wisdom or something right? (Oh, yes, I know that research shows that stress does not produce gray hair, even so, it is just easier to blame it on stress than to admit age.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hoping that is the end of Zachary's misery. And you earned all the gray hairs. Fortunately, little boys don't turn gray.
Halleluia!
This too shall pass!
Post a Comment