
I bought this sweet butterfly dress-up outfit way before McKenzie was ever born, with hopes that someday I'd watch my baby girl twirl in it. I was going to give it to her on her birthday, but I just could not wait any longer. You should have seen her eyes when I gave it to her. She looked as though she had no idea butterflies could be worn and that she could become one this very day. It was a childlike awe, the kind that keeps you captive, unable to stop staring and wishing you were little again so you too could dance like a butterfly. Dream baby, dream.
2 comments:
What an incredible touching post that literally took me back to a point in time when I was in England and attended a fairy/butterly party and each little one of us was dressed in our wings and ran free in the forest (around age 4).
The days are going so fast. I NEED a pause buttton.
Treasuring you in my heart today and sending you wings to fly with McKenzie!
Macy has the exact same pair of wings and is often found wearing them (as is Andrew. :) Very sweet post!
Post a Comment